Sunday, October 14, 2007

Oy, the temptation: a dialogue

Aspiring Baker: "I can't figure out when to test, but I don't think I'm going to last that long."
AB's smart partner: "What about Wednesday?"
AB: "I don't want to get a negative on my birthday."
ABSP: "What about Thursday?"
AB: "I'm not sure I can wait that long."
ABSP: "Well, if you test sooner, isn't it possible you'll get a false negative?"
AB: "Yes, but then I'll know."
ABSP: "Well, if you get a negative, you'll just be on an emotional rollercoaster that you don't need."
AB, contritely: "True."
ABSP: "What about testing Thursday?"
AB: "Yeah, that might be a good idea."

[Background: Blood test is Friday, which will be 13 days past transfer and 16 days past retrieval. Tomorrow I'll be 9 days past the 3 day transfer. Symptoms: impossible to distinguish among the effects of the progesterone, estrogen, and usual two-week wait paranoia.]


bleu said...

I so understand that dilemma. I think I will want to test early to see the trigger shot fade but who knows.
I am so hopeful for you!!!

aspiring baker said...

I already tested for the trigger -- it was out by last Thursday. So if I get a positive, it's positive.